Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kim Jong Il is My Favorite

Unless you've been living under a rock, or you only go to cnn.com (where the only international news seems to Iran) for news, you've probably heard the threats issued by North Korea that were aimed at the United States. (I made a decision before starting this blog that I would never focus on politics, and I have no intention of breaking that decision with this post. So please don't stop reading if you're not interested in politics. In fact, don't stop reading at all unless you suddenly get free Showtime, in which case, I wouldn't blame you at all.) Kim Jong Il has apparently decided to launch a missile toward Hawaii around the July 4th holiday and said he would "wipe out" the United States. The President says we're safe. Hawaiians feel safe. Even the Japanese didn't feel threatened. So why should I?

It gets better. Today, Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell became the first person to say what every American is feeling. "I don't even know how to respond to [the threat]. It's silliness." He continued, "For what and with what?"

As my own personal response to North Korea, I've decided to compile a list of my favorite moments in Mr. Jong Il's life.

From his cameo in Team America: World Police...



Due to his appearance in Team America, his approval rating plummeted...


Finally, Mr. Il had the chance to give his opinion of Call of Duty 4, which was broadcast on North Korea's only non-state television station...


(Disclaimer: By creating the title I chose, I was hoping to make it through the North Korean firewall. I refuse to make my feelings of Kim Jong Il known because it would break my politics rule, but I would like to make it known that I think the man is hilarious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment